Screen Saver for 4D

Tony Facca fsfacca at LERC08.LERC.NASA.GOV
Thu Jul 13 03:41:49 AEST 1989

>>   What about blanktime?  I know it doesn't give you a floating
>> "SUN", but it blanks out the screen after a set amount of time.
>> This is on the 3000's. I don't know about the 4D's, but I would
>> think it would be there too.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?  Unfortunately, its only available
"after" you are logged in (and 4Sight is running), once you logout
the console screen stays on, and after about 3 months, its burned into
the console -- I wonder if SGI will replace these monitors under the
terms of the service contract?

On the Personal Iris's I've noticed that the problem is fixed.. anyone
know why (rev10 PROMS perhaps?) ?  Won't someone from SGI please comment
on what is being done to resolve this -- it is quite annoying.

Tony Facca                     |     phone: 216-433-8318
NASA Lewis Research Center     |
Cleveland, Ohio  44135         |     email: fsfacca at lerc08.lerc.nasa.gov