rand on 4d broken

Trevor Paquette paquette at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Sat Jun 24 07:20:59 AEST 1989

  Just to save some people some headaches.. The docs for 'rand'
 on the 4d (and I suspect that the 3000 series also have this
 problem) are WRONG!!
    They state that rand returns a number between 0 and (2^15)-1.
 Well rand returns a number between 0 and 32767. (Which
 I guess is right.. but the numbers do not get above 32767..)
   This caused me some probs on porting some software from the Sun.

     Trev