Single user mode.

Mike Goss goss at SNOW-WHITE.MERIT-TECH.COM
Tue Jun 6 23:39:57 AEST 1989

Regarding the message from Andrea Malagoli:

> I have a Personal Iris and I have the following problem.
> I have nsf running and I usually hard mount some disks
> wich belong to other servers. I have installed the 3.1C
> upgrade (it was 3.1B before) and something got changed
> in such a way that the Iris is unable to communicate
> with the servers. Since it is trying to hard mount the
> disk, the Iris gets stuck while rebooting and I cannot
> modify the relevant files.

We had this same problem, and fixed it by simply adding the
parameter "bg" to the parameters for the nfs file systems
in /etc/fstab.  This tells mount that if it cannot mount
an nfs file system on the first try, to put the mount in
the background waiting for the file system to become
available, and then continue with the boot.

Mike Goss
Merit Technology Inc.