Menus and mouse buttons

Mike Goss goss at SNOW-WHITE.MERIT-TECH.COM
Sat Jun 3 04:16:50 AEST 1989

Regarding the message from David F. Rogers "Menus and mouse buttons":

>	2. For various reasons we prefer to use direct calls to mouse functions
>	rather than queing the mouse. That works ok with the LEFT mouse button.
>	However, the RIGHT mouse button appears to be `permanently' attached
>	to the window manager, it pops up the window menu, as well as the
>	MIDDLE button, which moves the window. In order to detach these
>	functions we presently have to que both buttons. Anyone know how to
>	detach them from the window manager while in direct mode?

You can queue both buttons, and then ignore the queue and access the
buttons directly.  This will keep the window manager out of your way.

Mike Goss, Merit Technology Inc.