Menus and mouse buttons

Brent L. Bates TAD/TAB ms294 x42854 blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV
Sat Jun 3 03:12:37 AEST 1989

   On the 3000's there is a file /usr/lib/gl2/mexrc which sets
the default configuration of the window manager.  Below is a copy
of the one on our machine:

#include <device.h>
bindfunc pop LEFTMOUSE
bindfunc movegrow MIDDLEMOUSE
bindfunc menu RIGHTMOUSE
bindindex inborder 7
bindindex hiinborder 7
bindindex titletextin 4
bindindex titletextout 4
bindindex hititletextin 4
bindindex hititletextout 4
bindindex hioutborder 1
bindindex outborder 0
bindcolor menu 10 10 10
bindcolor menuback 220 220 220
bindcolor cursor 255 0 0

  As you can see the RIGHTMOUSE button is bound to the menu function.
I have a .mexrc file in my home directory to change the defaults.
One line I have added is:

bindfunc hogwhiledown 13

This allows me to use the RIGHTMOUSE button in a program without having
the MEX menu come up.  If I want the MEX menu, while in the program, I
hold down key 13 (NO SCRL) and that gives me the MEX menu functions.
   If you have a 3000, I suggest reading the section on customizing MEX,
its in IRIS User's Guide Volume I, Programming Guide, Version 4.0, the
Window Manager Section 4., pages W-47 thru W-55.  I think this should
solve your problems.  I imagine if you have a 4D, that it may work in
a similar fashion.  If it doesn't, would someone please correct me.
--

	Brent L. Bates
	NASA-Langley Research Center
	E-mail: blbates at aero4.larc.nasa.gov or blbates at aero2.larc.nasa.gov