gr_osview on a remote host

Steve Sun ssun at cactus.SGI.COM
Fri Mar 24 04:49:31 AEST 1989

In article <7133 at phoenix.Princeton.EDU>, ijlustig at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Irvin Lustig) writes:
> We are trying to use the -N option of gr_osview and get the message
> "Password incorrect."
> "Unable to invoke remote demon"

In case you are interested.....

If your release is new enough, there may be another tool - "sysmeter" existing
in your machine which does not need guest account and can
be used to get the performance data from remote machines. Since it uses the
standard SUN rpc call, it can also display the performance from SUN
workstation (or any machine that has ported "rpc.rstatd", I guess)

Steve.