EDT for 4D

Joe Ilacqua spike at adt.UUCP
Fri Mar 10 01:44:44 AEST 1989

<>From time to time I have requested and have seen requests on the
<net for the VAX-VMS EDT editor to run on SGI 4D machines.  I now
<have received two different commercial EDT versions for the 4D.
<We are currently evaluating these.  Both seem to work just fine
<and before someone complains I do not own stock in either company.
<I am posting this for all of you who came from a VMS machine and
<do not like VI or EMACS.

	Of course you could just use (gnu) EMACS in EDT emulation mode
and save your money.

<I know I will be flamed because I seem to want to make my 4D look
<like a VMS machine.

	Naa You just don't know any better....

Joe Ilacqua
"Engineers For UNIX"