3rd party RAM, disk, and software query

Jim Barton jmb at patton.sgi.com
Wed Nov 15 03:41:25 AEST 1989

In article <8911131818.AA00479 at castor.wustl.edu>, weinhous at CASTOR.BERKELEY.EDU ("Martin S. Weinhous") writes:
> We need to augment our two 4D120GTXs with ...
>   MISC:		video frame grabber

The Live Video Digitizer is a frame grabber board which will work with your
GTX quite nicely.  It can do lots of nifty things, including letting you
watch soap operas in a window while you hack away.  One interesting
demo allows the overlay of geometry on a live video image, for instance
using pieces of "flight" to shoot missles at live planes coming in from
a VCR.

This is a shipping product which is available >now<.

-- Jim Barton
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems    "UNIX: Live Free Or Die!"
jmb at sgi.sgi.com, sgi!jmb at decwrl.dec.com, ...{decwrl,sun}!sgi!jmb