Transfer Personal IRIS images to VCR

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Sat Nov 18 14:38:53 AEST 1989

In article <8911131633.AA13927 at aero4.larc.nasa.gov>,
blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV ("Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS294 x42854") writes:

>     There are several companies out there that sell devices that connect to
> the RGB output of your computer and then connect to your video tape recorder.
> However, all the ones I have seen record "live" that is what every is drawn
> on the screen however fast or slow that is that is the way it gets recorded.
>     That is what I have heard about, if there is anything else out there I
> would like to know about it.

You don't need any other type of converter.  You need an animation controller
and a single frame VTR.  Display the frame, record it, and move to the
next one.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."