Emacs 18.52 on an Iris4d--problems with shell

Tom Russo russo at chaos.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 31 04:09:43 AEST 1989

We are running Gnu Emacs 18.52 on an Iris 4d.  There appears to be
a problem in how "interrupt-shell-subjob" and functions of its ilk
are operating.  The behavior we see is that if one tries to invoke
such functions, e.g. by typing C-c C-c in shell mode, then there is no
effect on the subjob.  The question I have is simply this:  Is there a trick
to setting things in the configuration files so that the interrupt functions
behave correctly?  I'm using the m-iris4d.h and s-iris3-6.h as posted
in comp.sys.sgi many many months ago.  Any takers?