3rd Party Hardware

Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS294 x42854 blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV
Fri Oct 27 22:16:47 AEST 1989

   This is in responce to a message I got from an SGI employee.
I was so annoyed by his pat "recorded"  responce, I deleted it before
replying.  I don't even remember who sent the mail.
   NO, SGI's pricing does not make sence.  Why should we pay SGI
$22,000 for 24Mb of memory and have only a 90 day warranty, when
we can buy the same amount of memory from someone else for less than
$6000 and get a lifetime replacement garantee?
   Why should we pay SGI twice as much for a disk and get a 90
day warranty when we can get a year warranty?
   Your 'broken record' excuses are meaningless.
--

					Brent