NFS on PI

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at masig3.ocean.fsu.edu
Fri Sep 29 20:06:36 AEST 1989

I am happy to report that SGI has fixed the problems I reported earlier
with NFS crashing my PI.  The second or third call to the hotline
found someone who knew about a bug in the 3.1D revision relating to
ethernet stuff.  They shipped us a 3.1G tape and I have been unable to
crash the system since :-).

Apparently the releases between 3.1D and 3.1G were distributed only to
sites which reported problems.  This is a nice policy to relieve the
user of the burden of upgrading all the time, but I would have liked
to have heard about the existence of the upgrades and the bugs they fixed....
John D. McCalpin - mccalpin at masig1.ocean.fsu.edu
		   mccalpin at scri1.scri.fsu.edu
		   mccalpin at delocn.udel.edu