Customer Training (formerly: Overlays, underlays)

Mason Woo woo at sharona.csd.sgi.com
Fri Sep 1 10:43:26 AEST 1989

In article <580 at voodoo.UUCP>, zombie at voodoo.UUCP (Mike York) writes:
> When I took the beginning gl class 4 years ago, writemasks were covered
> thoroughly.  Now, when we we get a new person in our group and send them
> to the basic gl class, no writemasks....
> Mike York
> Boeing Computer Services, Renton, Washington

Thanks for the feedback.  I still think writemasks are a very difficult
subject, but I'm listening.

Overall, I would like to hear comments about topics for our graphics, parallel
programming or system accelerator/administration courses.  We are going to
revise many of our courses in the future, so I would like to know:
(PLEASE MAIL me your responses.  Do NOT send more news!)

1) Have you taken our courses in the past?  Several months after the course,
did you feel it had been worth it?

2) Are we missing topics?  What would you like added to our courses?
For example, in the Advanced Graphics courses, are you interested in
stereo, texture mapping, NuRBs, shadows?

3) How prohibitive are travel costs in deciding to take a course?
If we could deliver a course in your hometown, would you
take a course which you would normally NOT have taken?

4) How many consecutive days can you afford away from the office?  For example,
to learn systems administration, can you afford to be away for 3 days,
5 days, 2 weeks...?

5) If we could deliver a course in your hometown, would you prefer to
	a) take a course in 3 to 5 consecutive days
	b) take a course one day a week for 3 to 5 weeks
	c) take a course in the evenings one day a week for several weeks

6) How long have you been a Silicon Graphics customer?  What types of
Silicon Graphics machines do you work on?  (Personal IRISes, GT's, 3000s?)
Are you an end-user, system administrator, application programmer, or
something else?

7) Free association... Tell me anything!

Thanks for your time.  Your suggestions will help us create better courses.
--
Mason ("sex, lies, and workstations") Woo	(415) 962-3314
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems