Remote printing

Jack P. Weldon jweldon at renegade.sgi.com
Sat Apr 14 04:45:03 AEST 1990

In article <8448 at tank.uchicago.edu> kur7 at tank.uchicago.edu (Shin Kurokawa) writes:

>Any suggestions on how I can make a 4D/220 to access the printer
>that is physically connected to a BSD unix system on the
>network? Here's what I've done so far...

I've posted a solution to this a number of times, and probably sent out over
40 copies of it over email to requestors.  I have a "public-domain" version
of lpr/lpq in source form that I will send to anyone that requests it.  I
know that it has also been archived in the info-iris.archives as well.

A second solution is to port the 4.3BSD lp suite to the IRIS--the diffs have
been posted to this newsgroup a few times.

I know that SGI will be implementing a BSD lpr (client-only) in a "future
release". I think you will like it, as well as other BSD compatibility
enhancements.

Cheers,

Jack P. Weldon (jweldon at sgi.com)
SGI Product Support Engineering