Stereo sync

certain at hatteras.cs.unc.edu certain at hatteras.cs.unc.edu
Sat Dec 1 02:58:27 AEST 1990

I am try to get a stereo display program to work on an Iris.  The problem
that I am having is that to stereo plate flips between the left and right
eye at 60Hz, so I need to make sure that I am alternating eyes with each
buffer swap.  Unfortunately, swapbuffers() is non-blocking, so that if I
can actually draw faster than 120Hz, I get two updates per buffer swap,
which has the effect of always just showing one eye.  Is there a way to
make swapbuffers() to be blocking?  Is there a way to know when the screen
refresh happens?  What have other people done about this problem?  I have
just subscribed to this newsgroup, so I don't know if this problem has been
addressed previously.

Thanks,
	Andrew Certain
	UNC-CH Comp Sci.