Stereo sync

Yan Xiao xiaoyan at ecf.toronto.edu
Sat Dec 1 04:25:15 AEST 1990

In article <17848 at thorin.cs.unc.edu> certain at hatteras.cs.unc.edu () writes:
>I am try to get a stereo display program to work on an Iris.  The problem
>that I am having is that to stereo plate flips between the left and right
>eye at 60Hz, so I need to make sure that I am alternating eyes with each
>buffer swap.  Unfortunately, swapbuffers() is non-blocking, so that if I
>can actually draw faster than 120Hz, I get two updates per buffer swap,
>which has the effect of always just showing one eye.  Is there a way to
>make swapbuffers() to be blocking?  Is there a way to know when the screen
>refresh happens?  What have other people done about this problem?  I have
>just subscribed to this newsgroup, so I don't know if this problem has been
>addressed previously.

	What we do is to show two dots at lower corner of the screen, each
	one of them representing one field. To control the spectacles, we
	read these two dots via a light-sensor and a circuit.  It sounds not
	so smart, but the setup has been working just fine.

	We got a new monitor with a sync port at the back but no clue how to
	use that port.

xiao