Kernal Change Affecting f77 Compile?

Calvin H. Vu calvin at dinkum.wpd.sgi.com
Wed Dec 5 04:33:08 AEST 1990

Write error in ugen most certainly indicates an out-of-disk-space condition.
I think the new kernel uses more disk space in the root filesystem than
the old one and causes your program to fail to compile since there is not
enough disk space in the /tmp directory for ugen to save the temporary
files.

There is an environment variable TMPDIR which you can set to any directory
you like and it will be used by all compilers to save the temporary files.

For example:

setenv TMPDIR /usr/tmp

will cause /usr/tmp to be used as the temporary directory for intermediate
files.

Hope it helps,

- calvin