anon ftp config advice

doelz at urz.unibas.ch doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Wed Dec 5 05:00:58 AEST 1990

In article <9012032131.AA05576 at karron.med.nyu.edu>, Dan Karron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU writes:

> How can I log what anonymous users are doing on my anon ftp account ?

Edit the /usr/etc/inetd.conf file. Find the first entry, there should be
the (first) line starting with ftp. The last column lists ftpd -l ...
If there is no -l, add one and you will get all the info you need logged
to the SYSLOG. If you want to see more (and even passwords of regular users),
add -d and debugging info is written additionally.
Further info see man page on ftpd(1M).
Dont forget to make inetd read its conf file by a killiall -HUP inetd.

Maybe this helps,
Regards,
Reinhard