Statement of Direction - IRIX 4.0

Tim Anderson tima at agora.uucp
Sat Dec 15 05:19:54 AEST 1990

In article <9012101719.AA05345 at slic.cellbio.duke.edu> jit at SLIC.CELLBIO.DUKE.EDU (Jit Keong Tan) writes:
>==>
>==> Phil Karlton writes...

      [announcement of X and GL jumping in bed together, with SGI supplying the
      sheets...]

>==> Bravo!!!!
>==>   When can we expect to see this on our hot little disks?  pant pant... :-)
>==>
>
>Well, let's not get too excited yet.  I wonder if they (sgi) will
>give it away free with any of the developer's option.
>Especially I don't have the X11 developer's toolkit.
>I really hate to see myself to be excluded from this supposedly
>greate things.
>
>Any words from SGI (P. Karton) ?

I to am waiting with baited breath for the cost of this little maneuver. Our
company is having a hard time coughing up bucks every time SGI sneezes. It
probably wouldn't be so bad if we were able to finish our port before
everyone jumps ship to X and GL...

Not that I don't like the SGI. I just wish the bloody thing didn't cost us
an arm and a leg...

tima at agora.hf.intel.com