(none)

Jit Keong Tan jit at SLIC.CELLBIO.DUKE.EDU
Thu Dec 20 08:29:59 AEST 1990

To: Martin Serrer <SERRER%NRCM3.NRC.CA at vm.nrc.ca>
Subject: Re: Andrew

=> >
=> >  I tried asking this question on the info-andrew list but after a week I only
=> >received one message asking if I'd gotten any answers.
=> >
=> >>   Before I spend a lot of time at this. Has anyone built Andrew on
=> >> an IRIS?  I'm running IRIX 3.3.1 and have the 'official X
=> >> developers toolkit' from SGI.  What else do I need? Does anyone
=> >> have the diffs required?  I'm looking at andrew more out of curiosity
=> >> than anything else at this point. I'm mainly interested in the
=> >> editor.
=> >
=> >                        Thanks in advance...  Martin
=> >+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
=> >| Martin Serrer                           Systems Lab., Bldg. M2, Montreal Rd.|
=> >| 613-993-9442                            National Research Council of Canada,|
=> >| serrer at syslab.nrc.ca                    Ottawa,  Ontario,  Canada  K1A-0R6  |
=> >+------------------- Software Rusts, Rust never Sleeps -----------------------+

Why don't you get MACH instead ?  It is projected to be the hottest OS, even to
take over UNIX (because it is cheaper.)  I think, though not very sure, CMU never
tried to write a license for Andrew, so it is not as widely availble as MACH.

Jit Keong Tan     | internet: jit at slic.cellbio.duke.edu
(919) 684-8098    | bitnet  : tan00001 at dukemc.bitnet
U.S. Mail:
Duke University Medical Center