interfacing a PC to a 4D machine

Loren Buck Buchanan buck at drax.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 16 01:46:29 AEST 1990

We use Sun PC-NFS on a pair of PC clones, and on an Amiga all running over
ethernet.  The hard disk of the IRIS appears as one (or more) disk drives
on the clone or Amiga.  I haven't done any timing tests, but the NFS drives
seem slightly slower than the local hard disks.

The single biggest problem (aside from never having enough disk space :-) is
the PC wants <CR><LF> and the IRIS uses only <LF>.  I just wish the other
problems we have were as easy to solve.

I have no finacial interest in Sun, any other PC-NFS vendor, SGI, Commodore,
IBM, clone manufacutures, ...

B Cing U

Buck
Loren "Buck" Buchanan | internet: buck at drax.gsfc.nasa.gov | standard disclaimer
CSC, 1100 West St.    | uucp: ...!ames!dftsrv!drax!buck   | "By the horns of a
Laurel, MD 20707      | phonenet: (301) 497-2531 or 9898  | sky demon..."