Key mappings under 4Sight 1.0

Steven H. Izen izen at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 6 17:24:11 AEST 1990

In article <JEREMY.90Feb6091202 at chook.ua.oz.au> jeremy at cs.ua.oz.au (Jeremy Webber) writes:
>I have just started using a Personal Iris with 4Sight, and wish to change some
>of the key mappings, specifically (in decreasing order of importance):
>
>	Make the key labelled "Backspace" return a DEL
>	Make the key labelled "Caps Lock" act like a Control key
>	Make the key labelled "Control" act like a META key
>
>These are needed so I can make GNU Emacs work sensibly in a wsh(1) window.

I am currently dealing with figuring this out myself, but for me it's low
priority right now.  However, I do have an excellent workaround if your goal
is to get a sensible emacs.  Assuming, that your PI has Xsgi running on it, and
the X development kit, just build emacs to run under X.  I tried this, and to
my astonishment the alt-key worked as the meta-key with no prodding on my part.
Then the rest of your changes become somewhat standard emacs hacks (see
gnu.emacs for details-don't ask me for help with lisp...)

--
Steve Izen: {sun,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!izen386!steve  / Quote corner:
or steve at izen386.math.cwru.edu                        /