Help with GNU Emacs for SGI

usenet news poster usenet at nlm-mcs.arpa
Thu Feb 15 03:49:52 AEST 1990

I've managed to compile GNU emacs 18.55 for the SGI (I have a personal Iris),
but to make this reasonable, I need a /emacs/lisp/term file for the iris-ansi
terminal type.  Does anybody have one?  I called SG and they told me to
buy their version of emacs; Stallman wouldn't like that, I'm sure....

I need advice on making it recognize mouse clicks and selections.  It
would also be nice not to have to cons up the entire set of key definitions
from scratch.  Surely someone must have done this, right?

Help is much appreciated: mail to hunter at nlm.nih.gov

Thanks!

Larry Hunter
National Library of Medicine