3.2 bug from H E double Toothpick

Jon Genetti genetti at photon.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 21 20:31:02 AEST 1990

>I double click on a folder, a window appears.
>
>For the briefest of moments, the contents of the folder appear, then
>the window becomes empty (actually, it looks like the contents scroll
>away, yet the scrollbar shows that the whole window is being
>displayed).  The ``listing'' version of the window claims no entries.
>Weird...
>
>It only happens to some (few) of my folders.  Most work without problems.

We had the same problems with some of our folders.  It seems if you have
the world does not have read access to a folder, then the workspace
is not able to read it.  Open a folder that the contents disappear
and then change the protection on that directory from a shell and
the files in that directory will appear in that window.

jon genetti.

p.s. folks at sgi - is this a bug or a feature?