3.2 bug from H E double Toothpick

Bruce Karsh karsh at trifolium.esd.sgi.com
Thu Feb 22 11:00:23 AEST 1990

In article <51272 at sgi.sgi.com> betsy at vesuvius.UUCP (Betsy Zeller) writes:
>I wonder if the following happened.
>        click on the folder, while moving the mouse, and inadvertantly
>        drop the folder into another one. ( this may be in combination
>        with an inadvertant name change of the folder, so that when
>        you did a 'find' command, your folder name did not turn up.)

I don't know what happened in this case either.  Other possibilities besides
the one Betsy suggested are:

	1. The file was NFS mounted and the mount machine went down.
	2. Some other process (perhaps another user) removed or renamed
	   the directory.

If you can give us any more information on this occurence, please let us know.