3.2 bug from H E double Toothpick

Betsy Zeller betsy at vesuvius.esd.sgi.com
Wed Feb 21 16:14:05 AEST 1990

I need to hear more about what happened when you clicked on the folder
and it disappeared. Was it a single click, or a double click? ( Just to
let you know, workspace has been released in-house in heavy use for the
last 16 months, and released to the field for the last 6, where it also
seems to be in heavy use, and no one has ever reported this problem )
I wonder if the following happened.
        click on the folder, while moving the mouse, and inadvertantly
        drop the folder into another one. ( this may be in combination
        with an inadvertant name change of the folder, so that when
        you did a 'find' command, your folder name did not turn up.)

The above scenario did happen to one user, who justifiably irately
announced that WorkSpace had eaten his folder, but, upon prompting,
found that the folder had been dropped inside another one.

Please try doing a find command on some of the contents of the missing
folder. I understand how upset you must be, but I reiterate, look in your
tree for the contents of the directory. WorkSpace has been in heavy use
for a long time and there has never been a case of lost data reported.