3.2 bug from H E double Toothpick

Betsy Zeller betsy at vesuvius.esd.sgi.com
Thu Feb 22 05:27:43 AEST 1990

>I double click on a folder, a window appears.
>
>For the briefest of moments, the contents of the folder appear, then
>the window becomes empty (actually, it looks like the contents scroll
>away, yet the scrollbar shows that the whole window is being
>displayed).  The ``listing'' version of the window claims no entries.
>Weird...
>
>It only happens to some (few) of my folders.  Most work without problems.

Are these badly behaved directories mounted over NFS from a foreign
machine? There is a bug in 3.2 workspace (fixed in next release) where
files that are mounted from foreign machines, that have some read
restrictions on them, and that are exported without root privelege,
display the behaviour you describe. Can you let me know more details?

Betsy Zeller
betsy at sgi.com