How to use Parallel port on IRIS..

karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU
Thu Jul 19 04:23:54 AEST 1990

Is there a 16 bit parallel port on any of the iris machines ?

Is there a vme board available to use high speed bidirectional parallel
data ?

Is there kernel support for such a board ?

How does word parallel io compare to serial 19200 baud buffered io ?

I have an application that hangs on serial io, and I just found out that
I can use a 16 bit parallel port on the gizmo.

Any insight out there ???

dan.
| karron at nyu.edu                          Dan Karron                          |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .             New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \ \    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |