SGI "XDR opaque" errors?

Rich Scott scott at harvey.src.honeywell.com
Thu Jul 26 03:05:16 AEST 1990

I've recently installed Sun's PC-NFS version 3.01 on a number of PC's
which are connected to a Silicon Graphics Personal Iris masquerading
as a CDC Cyber 910.  Cabling seems fine, everybody can ping one
another.  The PC's can attach, mount drives, and print files to the
Iris ok, but when we attempt to transfer files we receive error
messages on the console.  The error messages mention something about
XDR opaque errors.  The files are also slightly corrupted.

Any ideas?  Is SGI's implementation of NFS not compatible with Sun's
PC-NFS?  Are there any recent updates to SGI's NFS software?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-rich

-------
rich scott  |  open systems architects, minneapolis  |  rich at osa.com