tomac.c

doelz at urz.unibas.ch doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Tue Jul 24 21:04:10 AEST 1990

In article <23822 at boulder.Colorado.EDU>, jdm at boulder.Colorado.EDU (James D. Meiss) writes:

> I've tried totiff, and it may work, but I
> found out that my Mac program (Aldus Freehand) only read
> black and white tiff files, and the one I've created has color
> information.

Issue a

% tobw

first, in order to create a bw file. This can be readily totiff'ed and
it works o.k. on the mac (at least in my Pagemaker).

> supposed to create a MacPaint file. Problem is I'm not sure how to
> use it. MacPaint files are not text files, and have to have there
> "Creator" and "Type" fields set properly. When I try to down load
> the file created by tomac, and set its "Creator", it causes "ResEdit"
> to crash. Sometimes I can get these set properly, and some of the time

I used a PD tool to set the (binary ftp'ed) file creator and it worked.

> the file can then be opened by macpaint.

My problem is that the MacPaint format supported is (at least on my mac)
pure black and white, which is not much useful. Anyone else succeeded
in getting things right ?

- Reinhard