Problem with -pfa option in f77 compile command

miller at rsmas.miami.edu miller at rsmas.miami.edu
Tue Jul 31 04:51:13 AEST 1990

Problem with the F77 compiler when -pfa option is used:

I am attempting to run a numerical model code under IRIX System V Release 3.3
on a SG Power Series and am having difficulties getting it to compile when
the -pfa option is turned on. The code compiles without error if I try

f77 -o programname programname.f
or
f77 -O3 -Olimit 1200 -o programname programname.f

but generates a "Fatal error in: /usr/lib/fcom - core dumped. Signal 139" if I
add the -pfa option to the above, viz.,

f77 -pfa -o programname programname.f
or
f77 -pfa -O3 -Olimit 1200 -o programname programname.f

Note that if I specify "-pfa list" rather than "-pfa", I do get the listing
showing what has or has not been flagged for concurrentization. So, the -pfa
option is doing at least part of its job but apparently fouls something up to
the point that fcom doesn't like it anymore.

Where can I find out what "signal 139" means? Anybody else had this problem?
Any suggestions?

Jerry L. Miller         INTERNET:  miller at rsmas.miami.edu
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, University of Miami
Remember: "It's later now than it's ever been; however, vg'f zber yvxr
           vg vf abj guna vg unf rire orra orsber."