Some Problems

CAVECCHIA at ITNCISCA.BITNET CAVECCHIA at ITNCISCA.BITNET
Tue Jul 3 03:19:00 AEST 1990

I have two simple (simple?) questions:

1) About anonymous ftp

I have configured my site with the "anonymous ftp" facility. Some of
the directories in ~ftp are symbolic links to other directories on a
remote disk mounted via NFS. I have discovered that if I connect as
anonymous there is no way to do a CD to those directories (!).
Another (less complicated) question is the following:
Is there any way to log any anonymous login (I mean user, host and what he
downloads) to a file?

2) utmp.h problems

I guessed that the struct utmp in /usr/lib/utmp.h should have the
ut_name and ut_host fields but the second one is missing. Is there a way to
get the user name and host of a remote user? There is another strange thing:
when I telnet to my site from another machine the shell environment variable
REMOTEHOST is correctly setted, but REMOTEUSER is "UNKNOWN".

I'm running IRIX 3.2.1 on a Personal Iris.
Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.