rectwrite on 70G series machines...

Kurt Akeley kurt at cashew.asd.sgi.com
Tue Jul 31 10:37:39 AEST 1990

In article <9007291150.AA09984 at mcirps2.med.nyu.edu>,
root at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU writes:

|> Does it work ?
|>
|> I am using a 70G machine, which was never very fast for pixel operations.
|>
|> I can not seem to get a patch of pixels to write from
|>
|> rectwrite(0,XSIZE,0,YSIZE,Image);
|>
|> The pixels are in an array of shorts.
|>
|> static Colorindex Image[XSIZE][YSIZE];
|>

|> I can get the pixels out by doing a
|>
|> ortho2(-0.5,float(XSIZE)-0.5,-0.5,float(YSIZE-0.5));
|>
|> for(i=0;i<XSIZE;i++)for(j=0;j<YSIZE;j++)
|>                 {
|>                 color(Image[i][j]);
|>                 pnt2i(i,j);
|>                 }
|>

|> dan.

my direct response to dan bounced, so i'll respond on the net.

rectwrite was added to the GL when the GT was released.  it was
not ported to the 70G at that time (i think release 3.0).  at
some later release, probably 3.1, it was ported to the 70G.
it is definitely supported on 70G in the 3.3 release, almost
certainly in the 3.2 release.

perhaps someone else knows exactly which release added rectwrite
to the 70G?

-- kurt