Stereo wanted but no Crystal Eyes practicable

Thant Tessman thant at horus.esd.sgi.com
Sat Jul 14 01:24:57 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul13.082301.813 at urz.unibas.ch>, doelz at urz.unibas.ch writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I need a stereo device for the power series which gives me an alternative
> to stereo view  (i.e., a shutter in front of the screen or similar)
> which enables me to let < 10 people look at a stereo image without
> nneding to spend 45000 SFr. for glasses.
>
> I'd appreciate any hints on source, implementation, and price/performance
> issues.
>
> Regards
> Reinhard

StereoGraphics (415 459-4500) sells a thing called (I think)
a Z-Screen.  It goes over the monitor and circularly polarizes
every other frame.  The viewer wears passive polarized glasses
that look like sunglasses.  This is the most economic solution
for when you need to show a stereo image to many simultaneous
viewers.

The Z-Screen (or something like it) can be used with a projection
television to create really big stereo images.

thant