RN on sgi

Michael A. Wilson mwilson at max.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 13 15:06:19 AEST 1990

Hi all,

It seems a good bet that most/all of you have built rn on an sgi...

I'm trying to run it as a client.  I can read articles just fine.
When I try to save an article, or add a new group, though, I frequently
get an "rrn: unexpected close of socket."  Another thing which has happened
is that rn suddenly thinks ALL the groups in .newsrc are bogus ( has rn
just not noticed the loss of connection?).
rn is version 4.3
inews is built from version 1.5 of the nntp stuff.
I compiled things with -I/usr/include/bsd ... -lbsd

any suggestions?

thanks .... mike wilson