Request for information

Isaac Balbin isaac at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Thu Jul 5 09:54:17 AEST 1990

I don't read these newsgroups, but there is a proposal to purchase a
Silicon Graphics 4D/380, 8 CPU job with 64Mb. This is the R3000 at 30Mhz.
I would like to hear (mail isaac at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au) from anyone who is
using, or has used one of these. How many users are you supporting?
What do they commonly do? How large are your processes? How do you find
I/O? Do you use it for databases? How much memory do you have? What is the
software like? Is the networking software good? Would you purchase more memory?
etc etc. We currently use an encore multimax with 8 XPC's as our main machine
			Thanks in advance, isaac at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au