Figaro on an SGI working with GL

ze'ev peter zevpeter at aerospace.aero.org
Thu Jul 5 03:50:32 AEST 1990

Has anyone had experience using Figaro on an SGI?  We are trying
to develop an application which would take input from the user and draw
some Phigs graphics into a GL window.

As a simple test, I wrote a simple program which opened up two GL windows
(one window had menus attached to it which could draw filled circles--like
popup.c) and also opened up a Figaro window from some Figaro code from the
examples with the Figaro tapes.

Unfortunately, Figaro seemed to take over the screen and when I clicked in
the GL window for the menus--nothing came up.  In fact, the whole system
hung!  Is this just a bsd socket problem which will be fixed with version
3.3 or will Figaro never be made compliant with GL like SunPhigs is with
Sunview?