Environment variables in Workspace

Martin Hofmann martin at zoo.toronto.edu
Tue Jul 17 13:55:42 AEST 1990

The default setup on our system is for Workspace to run at login time.
It appears that Workspace is run before .cshrc and thus all environment
variables that are set in .cshrc are ignored by Workspace.  In particular
WINEDITOR is set to vi in .cshrc but Workspace still uses jot and a
program that tests for terminal type receives 'unknown' instead of 'iris-ansi'
Is there any way (other than running Workspace after login) to get Workspace
to use the environment variables at login time?  I do not want to depend on
running Workspace after login because other users may want to use the
application that depends on terminal from their Workspace started at login.
	Thanks in advance
	martin
--
The world is sacred.  You cannot improve it.	| Martin Hofmann, U of Toronto
If you try to change it, you will ruin it.	| martin at zoo.toronto.edu
If you try to hold it, you will lose it.	| martin at zoo.utoronto.ca
	Lao Tsu, "Tao Te Ching"			| uunet!attcan!utzoo!martin