Insect source code available?

Gavin A. Bell gavin at krypton.sgi.com
Sat Jul 7 01:41:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul6.003343.19372 at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> pts at mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Paul T. Shannon) writes:
>We have a 4d/25 on loan for a few weeks.  One of the demos, called 'Insect'
>does some things like what we'd need to do.  Does anyone know
>if this, or some similar program (simulating jointed legs in motion),
>is in the public domain?
> - Paul Shannon
>   pts at virginia.edu

Source code for many of the demos (including insect) is available from
User Services here at Silicon Graphics.  It is copyrighted software,
not public domain.  Silicon Graphics charges $100.00 for the tape (to
cover duplication costs, mailing, etc.).

Contact Monica Schulze for more information; her E-mail address is
monica at corp.sgi.com, or write to:

	Silicon Graphics, Inc.
	User Services
	Mailstop 9L-415
	2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
	Mountain View, CA 94087-7311

The source code is not supported by Silicon Graphics; it is provided
as a courtesy to our customers (in other words, don't call the HotLine
and ask for an explanation of how the hidden surface removal was done
for the insect).

--gavin
--gavin     (gavin at sgi.com,  (415)335-1024)