XView on the IRIS - a summary

Paul Turner pturner at ese.ese.ogi.edu
Fri Jul 6 23:44:50 AEST 1990

Some time back I posted a request concerning the availability of
XView on the IRIS - there was only one response (sufficient).

The request was:

>I'm interested in knowing whether anyone has successfully built the
>XView tool kit on the IRIS, commercial products included.

The response from Tom Weinstein of SGI was:

>I was able to make XView compile. It was really really hairy, [...].
>I still haven't gotten the text subwindow and tty subwindow stuff to
>work because Sun's portable" code isn't.  All of the tty stuff, at
>least, may require a nearly total rewrite.

Thank you,

--Paul

Paul J. Turner - pturner at ese.ogi.edu
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology