perl under Irix 3.2.2

Urs Meyer meyer at gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch
Mon Jul 30 23:23:51 AEST 1990

In article <1587 at merlin.bhpmrl.oz.au> ianh at bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle) writes:
>Are there any tricks to building Larry Wall's perl under Irix (3.2.2) ???
>After running Configure and then a "make", "make test" fails in 2 places:
>
>1) op.eval dumps core after 6 iterations eg.
[...]
>ok 6
>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
>2) op.s runs out of memory after 39 iterations
[...]
>ok 39
>Out of memory!
>
>Any clues would be much appreciated
>
>			ian

I installed perl 3 pl 18 on a 4D/70GT with IRIX 3.2.1 and had the same
problems.  I didn't try a lot of things but the following should do it:

- compile perl with -O0 (no optimizations at all)
- use the perl supplied malloc

(I didn't try -O1 due to lack of time.)

Urs Meyer ---------- meyer at ifi.unizh.ch, {uunet,...}!mcsun!cernvax!unizh!meyer
University of Zurich, Dept of Computer Science, Multimedia Lab, CH-8057 Zurich