VGX Upgrades

Forest Baskett baskett%forest.asd at SGI.COM
Fri Jul 20 01:58:36 AEST 1990

The 120 is the first of the Power Series cpu's.  The cpu to graphics
subsystem interaction that it supports is more limited and less
powerful than on all subsequent Power Series (200's and 300's).  The
VGX graphics needs the full power of the more general interaction
mechanism on the 200 and 300 series cpu's.  So the VGX upgrade of a 120
GTX has to include a cpu upgrade as part of it.  We may have failed to
make this perfectly clear to all of our sales force.  So we apologize
for any misunderstandings.  We really try to avoid creating hardware
situations like this but it is not always possible.

Forest Baskett
Silicon Graphics