workspace comments

karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU
Tue Jul 10 01:20:38 AEST 1990

Sorry for this terse note, but I am heads down busy on this project. Before
I forget these notes, I thought it better to telegraph them to you.

1) Workspace whould not fire up when you log in from a tty line even if
it is in your profile. How can I check in my .login script that 1) it it
is not running already ? or 2) That I am not connected to a window server ?.

If you kill workspace (for various reasons) and reopen a wsh window,
how can you keep it from restarting ?.

For development work, a developers environment mode or script would be apprecica
   ted.

If you are interested, I have hacked the nawk scripts to compress the size
of my *.ftr rules. If you want to look, let me know. Also, can you pipe files
into the ftr compiler ? Then you do not need intermediate ftr files. You
could go directly to *.ctr files ( and save disk space)

Any hope for a #line directive(so that the ftr compiler will report line
numbers directly from the rtr and fti files ?

While it is not an issue right now, iconsmith needs more work, or I need
more documentation as to how it works. The scale/translate/rotate functions
are hard to get to come up consistently. What about using the digitizer pad
to trace drawings and let more skilled artists types do the work.

Is there a way to put up a collection of .fti files directly ? I need
a fti file viewer( not editor) to look at the collection of fti files and
document them. We need a collection of text/large letters geometries for fti.

I would not cavil except that I am using it so hard.
dan.
| karron at nyu.edu                          Dan Karron                          |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .             New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \ \    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |