need psview help

Martin S. Weinhous weinhous at CASTOR.WUSTL.EDU
Sun Jul 8 06:07:17 AEST 1990

I would like to
(1)  do text and picture preparation on a Mac (using Microsoft Word
     4.00B, Mac System 6.0.5, and LaserWriter 6.0.1)
(2)  write the resulting Postscript file to the Mac's disk,
(3)  transfer the Postscript "text" file to our 4D120GTX (Irix 3.3),
(4)  and display the result with psview.

Items 2 and 4 are giving me fits! I've hacked the LaserWriter driver
to include a "Print to Disk" box and get a file labeled Postscript0.
This file seems to have some Apple specific stuff in the beginning.
When I try to display it on the Iris with psview, the psview window
immediately dissapears!

I've tried to get rid of the Apple specific stuff by using commond-K
when printing from Word (this is supposed to direct output to disk
rather than to LaserWriter -- and do so without the header). All I've
managed to do is incrementally kill another tree (waste paper).

Can anyone offer suggestions for doing items 2 and 4?

I'm going through this exercise because I want to use our Film Recorder
to produce 35mm slides of my documents. The Film Recorder only handles
NTSC video which I can achieve on the Iris (albeit showing only the lower
left quadrant of the screen), but not on the Mac.

The file Postscript0 follows. Maybe someone can tell me how to alter the
header (Apple specific stuff) so that psview can display it.