ksh on Irises ??

Robert Viduya robert at shangri-la.gatech.edu
Sat Jul 7 23:14:52 AEST 1990

>aspgpas at cid.aes.doe.CA (Peter Silva) (aspgpas at cid.aes.doe.CA, <1990Jul6.210819.11364 at cid.aes.doe.CA>):
> Does anyone out there have the Korn Shell running (any version,
> commercial or other) on an IRIS 4D?  I've been wandering around the
> internet looking for one without much success.  AT&T only handles 3B2
> stuff.

We have ksh88b running on all our 4D's.  The OS is 3.2.  We licensed it
from AT&T and haven't had much problem getting it running on all our
machines here, the only exception being Apple's A/UX which took a bit
of work.  On the SGI's, the only gotcha I remember experiencing when I
built ksh was that it needed to be compiled to run in raw mode only;
otherwise it had a disconcerting habit of logging the user off whenever
he tried to edit the command line.  There may have been a couple of other
problems with include files, but they were trivial enough for me not to
remember them any more.

		robert
Robert Viduya					   robert at shangri-la.gatech.edu
Office of Computing Services
Georgia Institute of Technology					 (404) 894-6296
Atlanta, Georgia	30332-0275