Long waits for inodes on Power Series

C. Harald Koch chk at alias.UUCP
Wed Nov 14 16:34:41 AEST 1990

I have also noticed this; since we installed IRIX 3.3.1, there has been a
huge increase in the amount of time it takes to access inodes. various
scripts involving find take forever, and copying /deleting directory
hierarchies takes almost an order of magnitude longer than it used to.

This happens on all machines here, which include PIs, 4D70s, and Power
Series machines.

It started this week, right after we upgraded from 3.2 to 3.3.1.

While I haven't run any timing tests yet, I will run your test program on
our machines tomorrow when I get a chance. I just wanted to let you know
that others have observed this slowdown.

--
C. Harald Koch  VE3TLA                Alias Research, Inc., Toronto ON Canada
chk%alias at csri.utoronto.ca      chk at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu      chk at chk.mef.org