Program dieing immediatly upon execution

Gretchen Helms ghelms at sgi.com
Sat Nov 10 10:03:51 AEST 1990

("Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS361 x42854") writes:
>    I am trying to port some software that was writen for a 3130 to a 4D/VGX.
>Everything compiles ok, however when I try to execute it, I immediatly get
>a segmentation violation.  Using edge to debug it, I found it dies upon the
>very first executable line.  The line was originally ginit();  I tried
>changing this to winopen, but that didn't change things.

One thing that changed from 3.2 to 3.3 was that
if you had "winopen();" in your program, it would
die under 3.3.  Seems 3.3 prefers that you use
"winopen("");" instead.  One thing you definitely
want to check is to make sure that your winopen
has either a name like winopen("Strange problem");
or else is called like winopen("");

--
    						G. "Murdock" Helms
The further on the edge, 			Silicon Graphics
						ghelms at csd.sgi.com