graphics instruments (?)

Loki Jorgenson Rm421 loki at physics.mcgill.ca
Sat Nov 10 16:52:28 AEST 1990

	Hey ho....

	I am looking for some examples of how various instruments like
gauges, levers, switches, dials, etc. can be represented using an IRIS.
I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE "PANEL" LIBRARY.... so you don't have to tell
me about that.  What I am looking for is other examples from groups
or individuals who decided to take a different approach.

	This "different approach" may imply greater realism (simulate
actual instruments like in a cockpit), unusual interaction (strange
and marvelous devices less common than sliders, radio buttons and the
like) or prehaps a particular software technique for interfacing or
updating.  All of these approaches should be GL library based because
I know diddly about X-windows and I'm too old to learn too many new
tricks.

	It doesn't really matter how complete a "package" you might have
to send me.  I just want to get some good ideas without having to think them
up all by myself.  However, if I can't really put it up on the screen,
either statically or interactively, it is kind of inappropriate.
And if you just know about a package that I can ask for, please let
me know where/who/etc.

Thanks very much to all,
Loki Jorgenson	            / /\/\/\/\/\/\ \  node:  loki at physics.mcgill.ca
Physics, McGill University < <            > > fax:   (514) 398-3733
Montreal Quebec CANADA	    \ \/\/\/\/\/\/ /  phone: (514) 398-6531
   <_< Claimer:  I speak for everyone in their right mind... mine. >_>