GCC and IRIX 3.3.1 (+working stdarg.h and debugging support)

Amos Shapira amoss at SHUM.HUJI.AC.IL
Fri Nov 2 22:52:48 AEST 1990

XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET (Knobi der Rechnerschrat) writes:

>are corrupted. After that arguments are  processed correct. Has anybody
>seen this problem before? The program works fine when compiled with
>cc.

> Btw. does an gcc version exist for the 4D series, that supports
>debugger (either dbx or gdb) operations?

There are diffs to change GCC 1.37.1 to OSF 1.8.1.5 which solve all your
problems. The diffs are on foobar.colorado.edu (and I believe on several other
archives). I didn't manage to appelay some of those diffs but with a set of my
own the compiler works O.K. with debugging.

A question of my own: I managed to compile G++ 1.37.1 on an Iris but it
aborts because it reaches a "default:" which shouldn't be reached (i.e.
an internal compiler bug). Does anyone have a working G++ 1.37.1?