movie-making for the compleat novice

Eric Pepke pepke at gw.scri.fsu.edu
Tue Nov 6 07:55:48 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov2.185517.24899 at jarvis.csri.toronto.edu>
drb at eecg.toronto.edu (David R. Blythe) writes:
> Best of all would be the Sony LVR-5000 video disk recorder for about
> $25K US, which can record very very fast relative to tape and very high
quality
> (i.e. broadcast quality).

We have one of these.  It works great.  It also obviates the need for the
genlock board, as it can take RGBS inputs at RS-170A timings as well as
NTSC and composite video.  The internal RGB to NTSC converter works quite
well.  It's also pretty easy to program over an RS-232 wire.  It's about
$23K list.  With educational discount and bid incentive you should be able
to get it for well under $20K.  Still expensive, but worth it.

Eric Pepke                                    INTERNET: pepke at gw.scri.fsu.edu
Supercomputer Computations Research Institute MFENET:   pepke at fsu
Florida State University                      SPAN:     scri::pepke
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4052                    BITNET:   pepke at fsu

Disclaimer: My employers seldom even LISTEN to my opinions.
Meta-disclaimer: Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers.